- A parent or responsible adult should always accompany young children on their neighborhood rounds.
- Obtain flashlights with fresh batteries for all children and their escorts.
- If your older children are going alone, plan and review the route that is acceptable to you. Agree on a specific time when they should return home.
- Only go to homes with a porch light on and never enter a home or car for a treat.
- Because pedestrian injuries are the most common injuries to children on Halloween, remind Trick-or-Treaters:
- Stay in a group and communicate where they will be going.
- Remember reflective tape for costumes and trick-or-treat bags.
- Carry a cellphone for quick communication.
- Remain on
Found 5 blog entries for October 2016.
Perhaps you're not feeling candy this year. Don't worry, there are plenty of things you can give trick-or-treaters instead of the sweet stuff.
1. Glow sticks
Could there be a more perfect accessory for Halloween? Kids can light them up with a snap and wear them as bracelets, necklaces and crowns. Bonus: they make it easier for parents to keep their eyes on their kiddos.
Choose from the assortment of ghosts, witches and pumpkins available in stores in October or go with stickers with year-round appeal, like super heroes and animals.
Hours – or at least a few minutes – of bubble-blowing entertainment in every little bottle.
4. Plastic spider rings
Kids love to wear creepy-crawly bling, making spider…
No down payment on VA loan – Most home loan programs require you to make at least a small down payment to buy a home. The VA home loan is an exception. Rather than paying 5, 10 or 20 percent of the homes purchase price up front in cash, you can finance up to 100 percent of the purchase price with a VA loan. It is a true no money down opportunity.
It’s easier to qualify for VA loans- Like all mortgage types, VA loans require specific documentation, an acceptable credit history and sufficient income to make your monthly payments. But, as compared to other loan programs, VA loan guidelines tend to be more flexible. This is made possible because of the VA loan guaranty. The Department of Veterans Affairs genuinely wants to make…
Virginia is a state known for Lovers therefore the amusements and the get-together's for you and your loved ones are never ending. There are numerous festivals held around the Hampton Roads Area each season. The events vary in activities insuring to appeal to any crowd interested. Summer has ended but the friends and family don’t have to! Don’t miss out in bringing in the fall with a bang.
Listed below are some of Hampton Roads most popular Fall Festivals and events that will peak the adventurer within for the month of October:
Annual Town Point Wine Festival
Busch Gardens Howl-O-Scream
Virginia Beach Craft Beer Festival
1. Protect your windows and doors.
Whether with impact-resistant glass or shutters, protecting doors and windows against high winds and flying debris is imperative. Hurricane-force winds can hurl objects that act like bullets. Consider installing shutters or providing a system, such as a track, to easily install shutters in case of an approaching storm. Although the shutter wouldn’t be a permanent fixture on the exterior of your home, the track or other fastening hardware would be. So make sure the hardware is integrated with any other exterior improvements you plan to make. Garage doors are real weak spots for hurricane-force winds. If the door gives way, the winds can enter the house and cause the roof to be torn off. Prevent this by making…